- Phil Shaw, Penguin Island, 2011
- Phil Shaw, Puffin Island, 2011
- Phil Shaw, Pelican Island, 2011
- Phil Shaw, Je pense donc je suis, 2012
- Phil Shaw, The truth in black and white with some grey areas, 2014
- Phil Shaw, Cycle Path, 2008
- Phil Shaw, Do It Youself, 2009
- Phil Shaw, Londonensi Subterraneis, 2012
- Phil Shaw, Life: As We Know It, 2009
- Phil Shaw, Ignorance, 2013
Phil Shaw's retrospective show at The Artworks 1830 Gallery is his first solo show in his home county of Yorkshire for 40 years. The gallery is set in the glorious and historic Grade II listed Industrial Textiles Mill at Shaw Lodge, Halifax and provides a unique space in which to see a fascinating a range of Shaw's work covering almost 50 years of making art.
The exhibition documents his development from time at school, through college and University to an established artist. His retrospective of prints and 3-dimensional work is a pictorial illustration of his journey from a humble Yorkshire background to his recent commission for the G8 when each of the world leaders were given a specially editioned Phil Shaw bookshelf print.
THE ARTWORKS 1830 GALLERY
SHAW LANE, HALIFAX